Thursday, June 21, 2007

First test and a new find!

Had my first test today: Eating at a restaurant. I did quite well and was proud of myself! I had escargot covered with melted cheese, garlic, butter. :) Hmmmm! Also had a spinach salad with some chicken breast on top. Very nice. I was quite impressed with myself.

Also, have you ever seen those big romaine lettuce leaves that they sell in bags? You can use them as a substitute for hamburger buns or pita bread. They're so big that you can fill them with meat, etc. Well, I thought that was kind of weird, but I tried them tonight and am HOOKED. Such a simple concept. I like the feeling of eating a hamburger (with my hands)... and those leaves allowed me to do just that! I'm quite happy to have tried it. It will definitely remain as a staple in my kitchen.

No comments: