Thursday, July 12, 2007

Low-carb casseroles

This weekend, I'm going to make a couple of low-carb casseroles, portion them and freeze them for future use. I don't want to get bored of the chili I usually bring to work for lunch, so it's best if I get some variety in there. Does anyone out there have some really good low-carb recipes for casseroles that they'd like to share? It would be much appreciated. Of course, I'll also look around myself, but you never know what secret family recipes are lurking out in Blogland!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never made it but if you make it let us know how it is.

I know I like to read this site
http://genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

to get ideas. Let me know what you try........

Wanda

Big Daddy D said...

Here's one that my wife and I make quite often... Cheeseburger Pie:

http://lowcarbohydrate.blogspot.com/2007/05/cheese-burger-pie-2-net-carbs-per.html

And this open faced kentucky hotbrown sandwhich is almost casorole like:

http://lowcarbohydrate.blogspot.com/2007/01/low-carb-kentucky-hot-brown-8-net-carbs.html

Brian Cormier said...

Thanks! I'm going to check this out and try it. Now, I just have to find some of the ingredients. Carbquik is not easy to find around here, but I'll get it online if I need to. :)

Big Daddy D said...

I doubt you can find it in a real store. I buy it from netrition.com. It's sort of like bisquik. It works well for some things and not so well for other tings.

Brian Cormier said...

Thanks! I'll try it at the Canadian grocery store in the ad on top of my blog. They were out last time I looked. Maybe they have some in now. :)