Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Great low-carb alternative to ketchup!


Bick's Hot Pepper Relish is a great alternative to ketchup if you like your burgers spicy! I'm getting to the bottom of my first one - and I can honestly say that I don't believe I've ever actually finished an entire bottle of relish of any kind! I usually end up trashing most of a bottle because it sits in my refrigerator for months - or years! This sugar-free relish is absolutely delicious... and inexpensive, too! I also purchased Bick's Tangy Dill Relish, too! I really enjoy it. Another great alternative for sugar-laden ketchup and other similar condiments.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian is it hot?
I may have to try some.......

I weaned myself off of ketchup when I first started but since have bought the low carb Hienz at the low carb grocery store for a treat.

Wanda

Brian Cormier said...

It's quite spicy, yes, but I find it perfectly tolerable. Doesn't bother me at all. Can't find any low-carb Heinz ketchup around here. With all the diabetics around, you'd think someone would carry it! I'll have to start asking the store managers about it.

Anonymous said...

The only place I found it even looking around Ottawa is on the net.....people have other knock offs but there is nothing like Heinz!! Make sure you look for it if you place an order from TO.

if it's spicy I don't think I will be trying it since I can't tolerate much spicy, even less since going low carb!

Brian Cormier said...

OK @ net. Oh it's definitely spicy! Try the dill relish. Might be more to your liking. It's not spicy.

Anonymous said...

I think alot of the dill ones have sugar in them but I will have to look for sure.....Always good to add a little variety to you meals.
You must be ready for a new wardrobe by now are you?

Brian Cormier said...

The dill ones have a bit of sugar, yes, but the calorie count is only 5 per tbsp, compared to 4 for the hot pepper relish... and the carbs are the same at 1. Yes, noticing a difference in my clothes for sure! Not changing wardrobes just yet. Another 30 lb and I should be able to. :)

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmm I also watch the sugar ingrediant even if the carbs are low...... I tend to have craving if I don't.
I might go get some for a pinch though, thanks.

I know at 30 pounds I was down 6 sizes even if it was "only 30"!! Still stuck at 35 and can't go anywhere..........sigh.....sooner or later the scales might budge!

Brian Cormier said...

Keep it up! No excuses! It can't help but go down!