Thursday, October 25, 2007

Some words of wisdom

"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires... courage."

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

I have disabled anonymous comments on this blog because of a couple of incidents of people hiding behind their anonymity to send in vicious comments about my weight. Yes, in this day and age, people still have nothing better to do than to send in abuse. Rare and far between, mind you, but even that was too much.

I apologize to all those perfectly reasonable "anonymous" commenters who will not be able to comment from now on because of this, however I absolutely 100% refuse to open myself up to such negativity. I'm sure you all understand. Someone who is significantly changing their weight doesn't need that garbage. And although those comments never reached you, dear readers, because I deleted them, they did reach me. Sure, I got over it an hour later - but that was one hour too long.

No excuses!

4 comments:

Brian Branch said...

There will always be that type of people, hiding behind their screen.

Brian Cormier said...

Oh yes, I know. But I refuse to put up with it... or to demotivate me from trying to inspire others to lose weight. Thanks, as usual, for your support! Please say "hi" to Lidia for me. :)

.................Nancy said...

Do you find that the more weight you lose, the more you recognize signs of jealousy in those snyde comments ? ;) Keep going, you're doing great! Off topic question : Do you watch The Biggest Loser for motivation/inspiration?

Brian Cormier said...

Hi Nancy. Well, I don't think it's jealousy... it's just people being rude and doing so ONLY because they can remain anonymous. Those people are like rats. The minute you shine a light on them (or ask them for their name), they scatter. As far as The Biggest Loser goes, I don't watch it. I know I should. I'll have to tape it and see... I've really cut down on TV a lot this fall. It seems like I'm always online or out doing other things. Thanks for the comment! :)