Sunday, December 2, 2007

Week #24: -2 lb for a grand total of -74.5 lb!

Another good week. I'm down another 2 lb for a grand total of -74.5 lb in 24 weeks. Feeling great and really feeling the loss. All is good. Christmas is coming fast so I really need to get my head around preparing some treats that I can freeze for the holidays.

I've been reading Gary Taubes' book "Good Calories / Bad Calories." It's fascinating, folks! You really should pick it up if you haven't done so already. The absolute fallacy that the low-fat folks have been peddling on us for the past 30 years is, quite frankly, terrifying. What a load of garbage. Unfortunately, as fat consumption has dropped, obesity and diabetes are running rampant. This is the first generation of children who may not live as long as their parents. Fat doesn't make you fat. We need to get that through our heads and start attacking the real culprits, sugar and starches! And no, it's not what you put on the potato... it's the damn potato!

Until next week, I hope you all have a wonderful low-carb seven days!

2 comments:

.................Nancy said...

Wow congratulations!!! Is that a new updated picture in your profile? Do you have a goal for the end of 2007 ?

I'm also reading Gary Taubes book and it's really fascinating. BUT it's not really 'entertaining' so I fear that the general population won't want to read it, and the doctors will stay with their old ways... Ah well, I guess all we can do is keep losing weight and be 'walking billboards' for low carb hehe.

Brian Cormier said...

Thanks, Nancy! Yeah, the book is definitely not "entertaining"... it's a pretty technical book. Ha @ walking billboards. Exactly! I don't have a goal, per se, other than to keep losing! That's the #1 goal until I reach my perfect weight. Thanks again for your feedback!