Sunday, December 23, 2007

Week #27: Down by another -3 lb for a grand total of -82 lb!

I had a really good week! Lost a total of 3 lb for a new grand total of -82 lb in 27 weeks! Needless to say, I'm thrilled. I love "changing decades" on my loss total and see the -100 lb mark coming fast and furious toward me!

Today, I'm cooking up a storm of low-carb treats for Christmas. The "assumption" that someone has to drop off their diet for the holidays is such a crock. If you want to stay loyal to your health and your well-being, get organized and make a decision. I made mine: To refuse to give in to the patterns of the past and "forget" my diet during the holidays... and inevitably finding myself many dozens of pounds bigger by the summer, when I still hadn't got back on track.

And besides, no one has yet been able to tell me how eating garbage that's bad for me and that will make me sick is in any way honouring the birth of Christ. (That question usually stops them dead in their tracks. Ha!)

If I'm sounding more determined and a bit harsher than usual, it's because I've been encouraged by a few people to simply forget about low-carb over the holidays and go back to my old way of eating.

No.

Period.

No excuses... even for Christmas.

I'll try to post a couple of recipes and pics before December 25th after I accomplish some of my cooking goals for today.

Next week: The last weigh-in of 2007! Where will I end up?

No comments: