Monday, September 29, 2008

Week #67: Down -1 lb for a total of -108 lb

Another new record this morning! -108 lb and counting!

This week has been a real challenge. It's been absolutely crazy. Between work, volunteer work, blogging and "life in general", it's just shown me how important (nay... essential!) it is to plan ahead.

Every weekend, I make sure that I prepare food ahead for the week. Even if it's having cold cuts, cold chicken and salad in the refrigerator, it's better to have this stuff on hand rather than come home to nothing that's easily prepared after a long day at work. That's a recipe for dietary disaster.

PLANNING has made this more successful than I'd ever hoped... and it's definitely allowing me to stay on track. After all, when you plan - you have NO EXCUSES!

If you have a big freezer, USE IT. If you don't have one, BUY ONE. Even a small one. Every weekend, I prepare batches of chili and other goodies and freeze them to ensure that I have low-carb meals on hand. It takes little/no effort to throw something in the microwave and heat it up!

Plan ahead. Be diligent about it. Don't let anyone throw you off track! Do it! Do it for yourself!

If I can do it, so can you!

Have a great low-carb week and don't let anyone throw you off track. Take charge. Inform yourself. Don't let naysayers who know NOTHING about low-carbing talk you out of heating healthy while they chow down on sugar, bread, potatoes and all that other stuff that has turned us into a society full of overweight and unhealthy people.

No excuses!

3 comments:

Dinah said...

AMEN!!!! You are doing great lcd!!! And if you want a great meatless chili recipe, I have one that I absolutely LOVE! Adapted from many recipes, it is now my go-to meal. Would be glad to share if you are interested.

Brian Cormier said...

Sure. Send it along. I have no problem eating meat, but if you have something that's low in carbs and is meatless, send it along! bricor@nbnet.nb.ca is my e-mail address.

Dinah said...

Geez, I meant to say BEANless... I must have been BRAINless that day!!LOL

Super simple, and pretty much pantry friendly.

Dinah’s Chili

Brown together:

2 lbs ground beef
1 bell pepper chopped
1 onion chopped

Add 2 to 3 cans diced tomatoes
1 can Rotell tomatoes
Water
1 can tomatoe sauce
tomatoe paste if it’s not thick enough (plus adds nice vitamins!)

Cumin
Chili Powder
Salt
Pepper
Hot sauce if ya wanna
Dab of Splenda if it's too acidic
and my secret ingredient, a tablespoon of coco powder....