Monday, October 13, 2008

Week #69: Down -1 lb for a total of -110 lb

Slow and steady wins the race... Slow and steady wins the race...

That's something I've been repeating to myself over and over in the past several weeks as "1 lb" becomes entrenched as the weekly loss. My metabolic memory seems to want to keep me right around my current weight, but I'm dragging it kicking and screaming to a lower level. And come hell or high water, it will continue to adjust itself. My new metabolic memory is the 170/180 lb mark. I just haven't convinced it of that yet. :)

Well, -110 lb is quite an achievement, and I'm a smidgen away from the -111 lb milestone that I've been telling you about for some time. It's only one of the many milestones in my journey, but it's an important one... and I'll let you know why it's a milestone when I get there!

It's Thanksgiving here in Canada and my family celebrated yesterday. Monday is the "technical" holiday but many people celebrate with a meal on the Saturday or Sunday (mostly Sunday) before. I went to my mother's and brought along faux mashed potatoes and low-carb pumpkin pie (recipe to come).

My Thanksgiving "treat" was some butternut squash that my mother prepared. Very tasty! That's one thing that I miss a lot - squash - but it's not the end of the world. The fall is a perfect time for it, isn't it? Squash is allowed "sparingly" on low-carb, but it's definitely not something that I have around the house because I would likely overindulge. Best to keep it as a treat a few times per year.

With that said, I want to wish my Canadian blog readers a very Happy Thanksgiving! Be good, eat well... and eat low-carb!

If I can do it, so can you! And if you're just starting out on your low-carb journey, stick with it! It will be well worth it. You will eat REAL FOOD... HEALTHY FOOD. Begone with all that sugar, carbs and other junk that keep us unhealthy, tired, depressed and overweight. You are worth it!

And remember...

No excuses!

No comments: