Friday, January 16, 2009

Sweet-free challenge update - January 16, 2008

No sweet-tasting food since December 29, 2008, and all is well!

My big issue is that I'm still bored of the water. I'd kill for something else... like Nestea, or even soda. Not in the plan, though.

Foodwise, I'm fine, although I'm missing the bit of fruit that I ate on low-carb.

I've lost -7 lb during the sweet-free challenge so far... and I feel a loss coming on this week. Monday's hop on the scale will definitely tell the tale! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'm doin' 'er not matter what!

If I can do it, so can you!

No excuses!

2 comments:

Leslie Chandler said...

Hi Brian!

My friend just sent me your link. I have the same boredom with water; have you tried it with a slice of cucumber? I first had it at a spa I went to and now have it often, especially when eating out with friends. That way I don't miss all those extra calories.

Good luck with the challenge :)
Leslie

Brian Cormier said...

Hi Leslie! Thanks very much for the comment. I've never tried water with cucumber. Didn't even occur to me, really! But I'll definitely try it. There's also unsweetened almond milk. I'm going to have to experiment with that a bit - perhaps with non-sweetened flavouring such as vanilla or maple extract. Thanks again for the idea!