Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sweet-free challenge update

Since December 29, 2008, I've been following the sweet-free challenge. This challenge consists of one thing and one thing only: not letting anything sweet touch your tongue. My current sweet-free challenge lasts until February 2, 2009. Depending on weight loss, I may or may not extend it.

Food-wise, I find it quite easy to follow. Beverage-wise is another matter because I'm pretty much forced to drink only water, tea and coffee. No diet soda, diet drink mixes (Nestea, etc.) for me! Whatever - it's not the end of the world... just annoying. At least it's gotten me off aspartame, which is good! I won't restart after this... so only Splenda-based drinks for me!

After my holiday Gainageddon when I gained +9 lb in one week, I lost -7 lb after the first week of the challenge. I never hop on the scale in the middle of the week, but I did this morning. I usually weigh myself on Mondays, by the way. Anyway, I was up a bit this morning but didn't bother figuring out exactly how much... perhaps +1 lb. I ate a big meal last night, so that could be the culprit. I don't think I've been retaining fluids, since I've been drinking tons of water.

I'll wait until Monday's regular weigh-in to see how things go! There's a reason why people should only weigh themselves once per week! I won't be getting on the scales between scheduled weigh-ins anymore! Better to remain consistent.

So that's it for now! So far, so good! A bit bored on the beverage end of things, but in the grand scheme of things, it's certainly not the end of the world and definitely not a deal breaker!

I'm posting a snack idea tomorrow. Nothing earth shattering, but it may help a bit if you're looking for something quick and low-carb to munch on!

If I can do it, so can you!

No excuses!

No comments: