Monday, January 19, 2009

Week #83: Down -1.5 lb for a total of -116.5 lb


After three weeks on the sweet-free challenge, I'm down 7.5 lb and nearly rid of the 9 lb I gained during Christmas "Gainageddon". I don't normally express disappointment in this blog, but I honestly thought I'd lost more than that. I was feeling it. My university class ring was loose. My belt was looser. Everything was pointing in the right direction.

Oh well. Losing weight is a patience game... and if you can't handle that part of the journey, best not to even begin! Patience is one thing that I've had to really take to heart in all this. I was hoping to move beyond the -117 lb I was at just before Christmas. 'Twas not to be, however.

I was very good this week. I'm especially happy that I drank all my water - at least 1.5 litres per day + coffee, tea, etc. The lack of variety in beverages was still a bit of a pain this week, but I'm pretty much used to it, now. I need to incorporate some unsweetened almond milk into my list of beverages. Tweaked with a bit of almond or maple extract, it could be passable.

I hope you all have a great week! Keep up the good work and KNOW you can do this. And remember: Be patient! It will pay off.

If I can do it, so can you.

No excuses!

No comments: