Sunday, February 1, 2009

Low-carb recipe: Peanut butter coconut cookies

I made these earlier today. I like them, except that I found them quite sweet. I would definitely reduce the amount of Splenda next time - perhaps to the equivalent of 1/2 or 3/4 cup. I definitely won't use the full cup again. I guess I'm a bit sensitive to sweetness right now that I've been off any sweet-tasting for a month.

Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix:

- 1 cup Splenda or equivalent substitute
- 1 cup peanut butter (natural, unsweetened preferred)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp Davinci syrup (this is probably optional - I used gingerbread syrup, but it didn't flavour the cookie at all - I wouldn't bother)

This made 15 cookies for me. Bake for 15 minutes on a greased cookie sheet or Silpat sheet (I used Silpat sheet).

No comments: