Monday, February 2, 2009

Week #85: Up 0.5 lb for a total of -116 lb

For some reason, I gained +0.5 lb this week. I don't normally fret too much about such a small gain... it's just annoying. The sweet-free challenge that I took part in from December 29 to January 30 didn't do too much for me. Perhaps if a person is hyper-sensitive to the sweet taste, it could be that their brain was sending out signals that they'd actually eaten sugar, but mine obviously wasn't doing that.

So... at the end of 30 days, I'm underwhelmed at the sweet-free challenge but stronly encourage you to try it if you think it may help you lose weight faster or break a stall. Everyone is different... and obviously this wasn't very useful to me.

With that said, however, I'm glad I did it and hopefully it will reduce my sweet tooth. I ate some low-carb cookies that I made yesterday that I found practically unbearably sweet - but that I certainly would have found quite bland a month ago. The sweet-free challenge has reduced my need for sweetener in whatever I'm preparing.

Despite this small setback, I continue to remain 1000% committed.

If I can do it, so can you.

No excuses!

... ever...

3 comments:

Dinah said...

Brian, I've been watching your progress, and I'm totally impressed. You have such dedication! Ya make me proud son!

Keep up the good work, and try to think of this as a lifestyle, and not a DIEt! I hate that word! You ARE thinner, and you ARE healthier, and you ARE on the right track! Keep your eye on the positives, and the rest will fall into place, my friend.

Sending you HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Brian Cormier said...

Thank you SO much, Dinah!!!

Cathy said...

What Dinah said :)

Sometimes it's three steps forward and one step back but in the end we always end up ahead of the game AND much healthier than our high-carb selves. Your doing great and good luck on the sweet-free challenge.