Monday, May 24, 2010

Week #153: Lost -5.5 lb -100 lb

After last week's "gainageddon" of +4 lb, I hunkered down this week and got serious. This was getting a bit out of hand!

I was very good this week and ate well. Except for some natural raw almonds, nuts were banned from the house. I'd gotten into a very bad habit of eating a lot of nuts lately. Yes, low-carb... but also high in calories.

This week, to give me a bit of a kick start, I started using a product called PGX Daily by Webber Naturals. From Webber's website: "PGX®, short for PolyGlycopleX®, is a proprietary blend of natural, water-soluble, polysaccharides (fibres) from konjac root, sodium alginate and xanthan gum. These highly absorbent and expansive fibres act synergistically in PGX to promote healthy blood sugar levels and support weight management. With its extreme gel-forming properties, PGX absorbs hundreds of times its weight in water, creating volume and viscosity three to five times greater than that of any single soluble fibre."

It certainly seemed to work for me. I had less cravings and I found that the product helped keep me full enough to not even want to eat. I will keep using the product for the time being to see how things go. So far, the results are very good! I don't normally use products like these, but I thought I'd give it a whirl for fun.

Until next time...

If I can do it, so can you!

No excuses!

No comments: