Monday, October 4, 2010

Week #172: Gained +0.5 lb for a total of -91.5 lb


Well, it's official. This is the biggest I've been in a couple of years. *Sigh* Although gaining or losing a half-pound in a week is usually no big deal, this week's gain put me over that threshold. Not a happy camper.

I've been experiencing "carb creep"... a common phenomenon where a low-carber starts allowing a few things through because they can usually get away with it. Unfortunately, this is the slippery slope. It's like a person who's stopped smoking allowing themselves maybe "just a few on the weekend"... until the next thing you know their mouth is stuffed with cigarettes and they have burn holes in their clothing.

This week is a crucial week. If I dip into the -80s, it's time to call in the cavalry.

Despite that, I remain motivated and determined.

No excuses.

No comments: